Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Recently purchased 116,000 Mazda 6 Sakata 2006 Diesel 121ps

Recently purchased 116,000 Mazda 6 Sakata 2006 Diesel 121ps Has an Oil leak.
Cambelt changed 3,000 m ago by previous owner. Signes of cam housing being re-sealed with gasket gue.
Oil that has leaked sits in the gully between air-intake & cam body housing just below the injector pipes.
When standing, rev between 1,500, 3,000 for several mins no sign of any leak, only after driving the oil leaks.
Car starts, & runs well, no issues other than an occasional loss of power, which will come back after releasing throttle and then drives as normal for awhile. Any thoughts as to cause of oil leak & occasional loss in power?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No i haven't found an answer, I still require some guidance.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing and the area of the leak, this issue that you are having is the sealant that was used is leaking after the sealant heats up, there is supposed to be a gasket there and not the sealant. This will need to be redone and a gasket used.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I would consider that the lack of a gasket is a reasonable explanation, however the second part of my question was about the temporary drop in power, that then suddenly comes back.
This issue is likely also related to the oil leak, one or more of the electrical connectors are likely getting some oil on them. I would start with repairing the oil leak, this will likely fix the second issue as well. Thank you.
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.