indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

What noise would be associated with a cam belt problem, i

what noise would be associated with a cam belt problem, i have a metalic noise which happens while revving engine hard in neutral, mx5 1.8 2003
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
To check this and to be 100% sure its the timing belt that isd making this noise is to remove the acc belts and then start the engine if the same noise is there then you have it coming from the timing belt .
Note :
On this car your timing belt should be replaced along with the water pump at 60.000 miles or 92.000 km .
Idf you do need to replace the timing belt then buy the kit it will come with everything you need ,water pump seal for the cam and crank tensioner idle roller etc.
eed any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.