indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

My mazda mx5 2004 euphonic, starts ok but lacks power on a

Customer Question

my mazda mx5 2004 euphonic, starts ok but lacks power on acceleration
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Check for malfunction codes, but first disconnect the battery and clear the codes as with you removing the MAF it will trip codes so start fro the beginning .
So after disconnecting the battery for a few minutes reconnect and go for a good test drive ,you need to cover most all drive cycles.
So drive 15 minutes on the motorway 15 minutes in town and a drive of stop and goes .
When on the motorway drive at 50mph for a min of 5 minutes then speed up and slow down .
Then check for malfunction codes . from these codes you will know what is causing you this problem .
If no codes check fuel pressure .
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.