indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

Got a 2006 Mazda 6 Ts diesel 143 BHP done 170 000 no real

Customer Question

Hi got a 2006 Mazda 6 Ts diesel 143 BHP done 170 000 no real problems until 2 nights ago when I accelerated a little more heavily than normal - pop sound and then whining which increased with acceleration and fell away when no throttle applied. Garage removed the main hose to turbo and could see no visible damage - no metal filings fins all ok and spinning however turbo not working. Suggested diesel specialist. Drove away. After 10 miles the whining noise stopped and I was then faced with a new symptom of excessive smoke appear to be a mixture of black and white. The car is still running and no engine lights on however there is clear lack of power which has remained the same since the initial incident. Can you offer any assistance with likely cause?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
This is a typical story of the turbo failing ,whining noise was the bearings in the turbo .when this stopped the turbine sized and now the new smoke is coming from the turbo cooling and lubrication system where the seals have failed .
Repair or replace the turbo.
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.