indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

I have a Mazda 6 2.0 diesel from 2007 the car was running

Hi I have a Mazda 6 2.0 diesel from 2007 the car was running perfect until last week that it cranks, engine turns over but it just won't start. Could you give me a little help please
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
If you can first thing to do is check for malfunction codes .
Then if no codes check and see if you have fuel supply, tank maybe empty ,fuel supply pump not working .
If you have malfunction codes then post codes for further assistance .
In many cases the crankshaft sensor fails this will stop the engine starting .
Check for codes then please get back to me if needed.
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok now it starts but is misfiring and smoking it don't let me rev the engine.
there is no fault code at all. Thanks
Okay you need to check for fuel pressure .looks like a fuel issue fuel pump filter etc .Can you do this check fuel pressure , Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've checked fuel pressure and it's fine apart from cylinder number 4 that when I unplug the injector it makes no difference at all so I decided to swap the injector from cylinder number 4 to cylinder number 1 and the problem still remains on the cylinder number 4. I started to go a bit further with my investigation and it seems like is the rod bearing that's gone..
My engine is the rf7j 143bhp, do you know if its possible to do a engine swap for the rf5c? It would be cheaper but I can see there's some differences between both engines.
Pedro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can u awnser my question please
Sorry Pedro been having internet problem . Can you do a compression test on this cylinder .NO.4 Did you check the spark plugs on Cylinder 4 lets check this if you did not.Why do you think the Rod bearing is bad does the engine knock at idle .Greg
As far as the engine swap there i'm not sure , i did hear a another shop down the road was trying to do this and had problem with the crank shaft set up and swapping parts from the RF7 to the RF5 , but he was doing a gearbox swap with the engine and changing over the wiring harness and compactors , slight modification of engine mounts . that's as far i'v seen with this, not sure if he got it finished car is still on his lot ..for sale not seen it move . Greg