indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

I have a Mazda 6 2.0 diesel from 2007 the car was running

Customer Question

Hi I have a Mazda 6 2.0 diesel from 2007 the car was running perfect until last week that it cranks, engine turns over but it just won't start. Could you give me a little help please
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
If you can first thing to do is check for malfunction codes .
Then if no codes check and see if you have fuel supply, tank maybe empty ,fuel supply pump not working .
If you have malfunction codes then post codes for further assistance .
In many cases the crankshaft sensor fails this will stop the engine starting .
Check for codes then please get back to me if needed.
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok now it starts but is misfiring and smoking it don't let me rev the engine.
there is no fault code at all. Thanks
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Okay you need to check for fuel pressure .looks like a fuel issue fuel pump filter etc .Can you do this check fuel pressure , Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked fuel pressure and it's fine apart from cylinder number 4 that when I unplug the injector it makes no difference at all so I decided to swap the injector from cylinder number 4 to cylinder number 1 and the problem still remains on the cylinder number 4. I started to go a bit further with my investigation and it seems like is the rod bearing that's gone..
My engine is the rf7j 143bhp, do you know if its possible to do a engine swap for the rf5c? It would be cheaper but I can see there's some differences between both engines.
Pedro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u awnser my question please
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Pedro been having internet problem . Can you do a compression test on this cylinder .NO.4 Did you check the spark plugs on Cylinder 4 lets check this if you did not.Why do you think the Rod bearing is bad does the engine knock at idle .Greg
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
As far as the engine swap there i'm not sure , i did hear a another shop down the road was trying to do this and had problem with the crank shaft set up and swapping parts from the RF7 to the RF5 , but he was doing a gearbox swap with the engine and changing over the wiring harness and compactors , slight modification of engine mounts . that's as far i'v seen with this, not sure if he got it finished car is still on his lot ..for sale not seen it move . Greg