Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Mazda mechanic i have what might seem to you like a

Customer Question

hello mazda mechanic
i have what might seem to you like a very dumb blond question but I've just had a baby and i need to drive a
her around and have a p reg japenese import Mazda MX5 Which i ail sell in due course but i wanted to double double check that my model of mazda DOES NOT HAVE AN AIRBAG FITTED TO THE PASSENGER SEAT ….It does have one in the driver seat which is stated in the middle of the steering wheel. The passenger seat has a glove compartment so does this mean it CANNOT POSSIBLY HAVE AN AIRBAG TOO ?
I Cannot make an error about this as the safety of my baby would be at risk. Please advise me if you know.
Thank you very much in advance and sorry to sound a bit stupid
Best Wishes Rebecca
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for my answer which I have paid £20 for and so if I do not get a response via email as promised and on this page, I shall have to call my credit card to withdraw the payment.
Yours sincerely
Rebecca ***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told an 8 minute wait and have had no response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rebecca Sorry that you've had to waitA P reg (1996) UK MX5 only ever had a drivers airbag and that was optional so there's no problem in carrying your baby on the passenger seat
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you