Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician
21364095

There how do I remove the rear bumper on my Mazda rx8?

Customer Question

Hello there how do I remove the rear bumper on my Mazda rx8? I need to fit a new exhaust in and how does the front one come off? And side skirts as I have new body kit ready to go on?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
ello,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Doug C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,To get the rear bumper off you need to unbolt the exhaust trim panels then pop them off first. Then from inside the boot loosen the interior trims and then remove the tail lights.Outside the vehicle remove the fasteners across the top of the bumper, the bottom of the bumper, and in the wheel liners.Once all fasteners are removed, slide the bumper rear ward to disengage the slide locks on the quarter panels.For the rocker panels... if you already have flared panels, there are fasteners along the length of each rocker panel, going vertically up into the bottom of the car. The sides have double sided tape holding them in place.If you have the base panels however, these are steel rockers that are part of the unibody... they can not be removed. Most aftermarket panels however will over lap rather than replace the base panels. If you have the flare panels then aftermarket ones would replace them.
Expert:  Doug C. replied 1 year ago.
.