Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Thinking on buying an 03 mx5. Radio displays Err sign. Current

Customer Question

Thinking on buying an 03 mx5. Radio displays Err sign. Current owner says he has replaced the battery and it just wants coding in. Is it that easy?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thats correct, its showing Err then you follow this procedureStep one:- press one at a time- preset 6, AM, Auto M, Seek ^ (up).Step Two:-Input the unblock codeStep Three:- Press and hold Auto M and Preset 6 together.Step Four:- The Word 'GOOD' will appear on the screen indicated that the radio will work.Step Five:- Reprogram new Antitheft code into radio as per instrution manua now if you don't have the code your local mazda dealer can do this job for you but will charge 1/2hrs labour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Won't get the car until 27th so unable to try your solution yet. I'm sure it's correct, but as a rookie will it be straightforward to follow. How easy is it to find all the buttons you mention? Are they all in the centre consul? I'll keep you in touch.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
all the buttons mentioned are on the radio / head unitso it should be straightforward
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you