Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have just purchased an attractive 14reg Mazda6.Only problem

Customer Question

I have just purchased an attractive 14reg Mazda6.Only problem is that I like a quiet journey and the car is subject to excessive road noise on common motorway surfaces.I have Toyo tyres which have a poor reputation in this respect,new on the front but probably 19000 on the rear.If I change them to a quieter brand(say Dunlop),will this solve the problem?
Is there anything else I can do,including major efforts at noise reduction?
regards,
Terry
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Terry,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello Terry yes switching to a brand with smaller tyre tread blocks will usually help with road noiseContinental are particularly good in this respectalso check that the tyre pressures are correctly inflated too as if under inflated this greatly increases noisecheck that the front bumper and headlights are fitted correctly and are fully flush as if the car has had a knock at some point and misaligned panels this greatly increases wind noise also check that the undertray is still fitted for the same reason
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you