Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2002 Mazda 323 1.6 GLX, (1598cc), cooling fan keeps coming

Customer Question

2002 Mazda 323 1.6 GLX, (1598cc), cooling fan keeps coming on and off ,engine runs hot, what causes this
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Test drive this car today , Notice engine hot , temperature guage shoed normal , the coolant fan came on alot, the engine had a stutter once or twice when driving .... is this a major concern for rhis car and engine
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

I'd suggest to get a temperature probe / IR temp gun to measure the actual temperature of the cylinder head / radiator top hose

as modern engines do tend to run hot ( about 95 degrees C) to help with emissions

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you