Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I AV a Mazda bongo 2.5 v6 petrol Wich as JUSTED had the head

Customer Question

Hi there I AV a Mazda bongo 2.5 v6 petrol Wich as JUSTED had the head gasket done wen the garage tock the heads off found out the rings needed doing as well so all rebuilt every things is in order but won't start got spark fuel and compression can you giv me any advice thanks
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I'd suggest to 1st do a compression test across all cylinders ( unless you have already done this) as they should all be within 10-15 psi of each other

if you have a couple of low cylinders then this would indicate that the cam timing is out and this can easily produce a non start scenario

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you