Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My mandatory rx8 won't start, any ideas?

Customer Question

Hello my mandatory rx8 won't start, any ideas?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

if the engine is cranking over and over but not catching then I'd 1st suggest to remove coils and check the underside for whitish burn marks

if they are present then the coils need replacement along with the plugs too

it woudl also be an idea to do a compression test on the engine at the same time

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you