Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 1991 Mazda MX5 Roadster which is fitted with a TOAD

Customer Question

I have a 1991 Mazda MX5 Roadster which is fitted with a TOAD Immobiliser which has stopper working and car will not start. Any ideas? Where is the TOAD unit fitted in the car?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not found a solution and still require assistance. The Immobiliser key fob is approx 40mm long x 20mm wide and has no buttons. Any information on installing, setting up or a circuit diagram would be very useful. John Newton
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello John

The immobilser unit can be placed almost anywhere in the car depending on who installed it

most commonly aftermarket security tends to be installed just above the steering column where its easy to tap into the ignition switch wiring

so I'd take a good look in that area so you can try and find a model number

however I'd also suggest to just remove the whole security unit and if you're not confident with wiring then an auto electrician can often help in this case