indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

I recently bought a Mazda 6 (2010 plate) took it back to car

Customer Question

Hi there I recently bought a Mazda 6 (2010 plate) took it back to car place I bought it from a day later due to engine management light coming on and clucking noises from steering column and under front of car. I also did a car check and its say my cars vin number has not been supplied or in valid. Is this a issue or has the car been in a accident?? What happens now ???
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please I would still like answer
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jonathan .

Okay with just being bought this will be under the warranty still .

The check engine light has come on while the management system has encountered an malfunction with in the system.

Looks like they cleared the codes for the sale , depending on the issue the check engine may take a few days to a week before it has covered all the test drive cycles .

The seller will have to check the knocking from the steering column and rectify this for you .

check engine light as ABS,SRS light will cause a MOT failure so this has to be done .

When you get the car back let them know you want the malfunction code that was recorded and then have it rechecked for codes at another local shop when the light comes back on .if it does and compare ,if same code issue was not rectified .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Greg
The steering column is a new one but there told me they have to code the steering column to car? Is this correct??
I've organised for another garage to connect to to there diagnostics machine when I get car back. He said the fault will still be detected even if car computer had been cleared xx
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jon.

Yes this is true why they did not do this before the sale is Odd.

Good work always good to have a second opinion .

History codes will be there if they where not cleared also ..

Have him check both ones the check engine light comes back on after receiving the car .

Rgds Greg