Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have mazda 2 57 plate, the blue tempreture light is

Customer Question

hi I have mazda 2 57 plate , the blue tempreture light is staying on even though the fluid level is correct, would this be a sensor fault
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

hello

yes the level sensor in the header tank is prone to corrosion and then sticking or giving a false reading

I'd suggest to remove the sensor and either clean it with brake cleaner or replace it with new

I'd also check over the state of the sensor wire and connector for any corrosion or insulation damage

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you