Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I had sudden loss of power steering going round a mini

Customer Question

I had sudden loss of power steering going round a mini roundabout like a switch had been activated on my Mazda 6 Tamura
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 7 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

its an electric system on this car with a motor on the steering column

for it to suddenly stop working then either there's a lack of power to the steering control module or the module has developed a fault

as you already have the dealer lined up to look at it then there's not much else you can do other than check the power steering fuses and the main connections to the module under the dash

if you locate the motor on the column 1st and then trace the wiring back to the control module from there

Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you