Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My Diesel CX7 keeps comimg up with SCR malfunction, contact

Customer Question

My Diesel CX7 keeps comimg up with SCR malfunction, contact dealer now. The engine management light is on and what looks like a cloud of smoke symbol is on. It says to add adblue in approx 500 miles but the car is full of adblue. Can you tell me what the problem is please.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has been 22.5 hours, almost a full day since I asked my question and haven't had a response. When will I get a response please.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is indicating a fault with the DPF exhaust system.This can be the exhaust filter itself at fault,exhaust fluid tank level sensor,exhaust sensor in the exhaust at fault or even a control unit or wiring at fault.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any code set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done to locate and resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete