Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Mx5 Mk1 - I have just bought a hard top with a rear heater

Customer Question

Mx5 Mk1 - I have just bought a hard top with a rear heater connection ( with 4 end) on the right side behind the drive seat, to replace my soft top.
The car has an electrical socket and a brass clip at left side of the back behind the passenger seat.
How do I go about making a connection to activate the rear defroster on the hard top./
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your model did not come equipped with rear defrost from factory it is very possible the switch and switch wiring was not installed and this can be common.They are correct as you may have to install the switch and switch wiring to make this work.I would check with a dealer to see if they sell or can get a retro fit kit to make this work.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete