Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Mazda 6 2.2 MZR Diesel. The car recently has

Customer Question

HiI have a Mazda 6 2.2 MZR Diesel.
The car recently has developed an issue where it has simply no power below 2500 rpm in 3rd / 4th gear…If I drop some gears and drive it hard, it pulls OK, but not great.The car has had a new Airflow metre approx. 10 months ago and up until recently has been spot on.The car is regularly services by the main dealer.I have had the car code read and no fault codes came up at all!I have also run a cleaner through my DPF but it is still not right…I am wondering if I need to bite the bullet and change the DPF completely.Mileage of the car is 112k
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 23 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

it does sound like the dpf is plugged or restricted as this is usually a common issue when it restricts.I would have the exhaust tested for excessive back pressure and if excessive back pressure is found then the dpf usually needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete