Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, Ivy League trained
16455829

I am going to Gambia as a Volunteer for 3 months visiting Serrugunda

Customer Question

I am going to Gambia as a Volunteer for 3 months visiting Serrugunda and then staying in Soma Town from there travelling out into the Jarrow District visiting villages.

My GP surgery ha said i need to ha Rabbi's vaccinations but they can't get any due to a shortage. Is this correct and if so Where can i get it done.
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 5 years ago.

Doctor Cameron :

Doctor Cameron :

Yes, you do need to get a rabies vaccination

Doctor Cameron :

The Gambia is considered to be a high risk country

Doctor Cameron :

I am not sure where you are in the UK, but I do know that this clinic has them:

Doctor Cameron :

http://www.globetravelhealthcentre.com/travel-advice/rabies-vaccine-shortage-in-the-uk.html

Doctor Cameron :

Gllobe Travel Health Centre has sufficient stocks for the time being. However, to conserve stocks:

• Rabies vaccine will be available on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday clinics only.

• The vaccine will be administered by the intradermal route, using a small dose of vaccine.

Doctor Cameron :

I would recommend that you give them a call. I do know that the UK is not a large country and most of it is accessible via rail, so it may be a good idea to make a trip out there...

Doctor Cameron :

Warm regards,

Please choose accept or rate a 4 or 5 so that I may get credit for my time and expertise. If you are not finished or if you are not satisfied, please use REPLY TO EXPERT (not poor/negative- that hurts the expert helping you). Sometimes there is a slight miscommunication that we can easily work through

Thanks for using Just Answer!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. i am registered Blind and live in Sheffield sovno idea where Global Travel health centre is. Tina.

Globe Travel Health Centre, 26 Cattle Market Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3DY
Tel: 01603 667323