Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Not sure if i am in the right place. I sometimes have a

Customer Question

Hi not sure if i am in the right place. I sometimes have a problem with my back. what the problem is that if i do something where my back gets warm it gets very itchy and sometimes when i am led in a bath it gets relay itchy not sure what i can do to help
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

This may be something called "prickly heat", in which a rash develops due to irritation of the skin, when sweat gets trapped underneath it. Small red bumps may also develop.
In medical terms, this is known as Miliaria or sweat rash.
There are many forms. Yours seems to be Miliaria rubra.

Miliaria occurs when the sweat gland ducts get plugged due to dead skin cells or bacteria such as Staphylococcus Epidermidis, a common bacterium that occurs on the skin which is also associated with acne.

The trapped sweat leads to irritation (prickling), itching and to a rash of very small blisters, usually in a localized area of the skin.

You should see a Skin Doctor to see if that is what it really is and avoid hot and humid conditions, avoid wearing occlusive clothing and avoid activities which cause sweating.

For the itch you can use a prickly heat powder, hydrocortisone 1 percent preparation (OTC) twice a day or other anti itch preparations like calamine lotion.

If you have more queries or need more clarification then please do not rate this answer and reply back. If satisfied please leave a poisitive rating.

Best.