Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  Physician with 30 years experience
54412793

Greetings, Im a 24 year old male; my story began when

Customer Question

Greetings,

I'm a 24 year old male; my story began when I first had a lump on my forehead that stayed there for about 2 months when I decided to go to see my GP. The GP after examining my skin referred me to the surgeon to perform a removal procedure as she told me that is a sebaceous cyst.

The surgeon then decided to further verify this and sent me off for an MRI test, and by the time I tried to book again for the procedure the cyst was completely gone.

After that time by a month or so, I had one that is similar in nature but on the top of my head which did hurt a bit unlike the older one. I went to the surgeon who went ahead and performed the surgery and during the procedure I have been told that all he could do is draining the cyst from all the inflammation but he could never find the cyst itself for a total excision.

Later by few days I got another lump close to this second one. I'm a bit concerned, if that cyst does really change places? How come can a surgeon never find the cyst itself? Is it actually a cyst or I have not been properly diagnosed? I was so happy to get rid of it such a thing on my head as it is not in a place where I can hide.

I'm looking for a second consultation here, anyone please help me.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 4 years ago.

Dr. C. :

Hi and welcome to the site. My name is Dr. C. and I'll be providing medical information for you today.

Dr. C. :

This sounds very much like sebaceous cysts.

Dr. C. :

There are glands all over you body. This is why it keeps changing places,

Dr. C. :

A person can get sebaceous cysts anywhere there is skin.

Dr. C. :

The best thing to prevent sebaceous cysts is to take hot showers and baths often.

Dr. C. :

Especially after working out or having sex.

Dr. C. :

Anytime there is increased sweating that then dries on the skin, it's possible for the gland pore openings to get clogged with dead skin and bacteria.

Dr. C. :

Hot showers and baths unclog the pores of the glands in the skin.

Dr. C. :

This isn't a serious medical condition but it can be annoying and frustrating.

Dr. C. :

In some cases more medical treatment is needed.

Dr. C. :

Antibacterial scrubs and medications can be used in situations where the hot showers and baths aren't enough to fix the issue.

Dr. C. :

Please REPLY if I can clarify anything or provide more information.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 4 years ago.
Hi. It's Dr. C. I'm wondering if you've had any further questions or needed me to provide more details. Let me know if I can be of any more help. Thanks and have a great holiday.