Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hi I had laser surgery around my nose to treat thread veins

Customer Question

Hi I had laser surgery around my nose to treat thread veins 4 days ago . Prior to this 1 year ago I had permant alar cinching sutures placed in my nose to hold inbrge alar base . Since the laser treatment my nose looks big and wide .
Do you think the laser has broken my internal stitches that was holding my nose in place ? Thanks for answer .
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. Is there any redness on the nose? Is the nose getting wider day by day or it was worse in the beginning and now better than before? What medications you are on? Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello the area is red where the laser has treated the veins .The skin looked slightly swollen initially after the treatment, and it hasnt really changed it stiil looks wide 6 days later. Its not getting bigger or smaller but its definately wider than before. ive been examining my nostril shape and the tightness from the internal stitches seems to have dissapeared .

Im pretty convinced the heat from the laser has penetrated through my skin to the stitch and broken it . i just want confirmation that this is possible regards.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Crystal first of all i apologize for the delay in answer. I will try to be straight and clear in my answer and definitely you can ask for any clarification if you want. What you are thinking is not possible because it's not the stitches which hold the alar area in new shape because stitches gets absorbed in few weeks and later the fibrosis of tissues maintain the new shape. So LASER can't break the stitches. The change in shape you are feeling is due to nothing but soft tissue oedema and it will settle but it can take few weeks to months to get the previous shape back because it takes long in nose for the oedema to settle. So just don't worry, you will be fine but it will take time, please don't stress yourself. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.