Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

sex produces split in foreskin

Customer Question

sex produces split in foreskin
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Are you circumcised or not? Where is the split located? Is there any irritation or bleeding? Thank you for the additional information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am uncircumcised. The split is all the way round in the middle of the foreskin. Raw and sensitive but not actually bleeding. Should I use a cream regularly/keep the foreskin rolled back/or as some suggest do stretch exercises!?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the information. I am wondering if possibly you have an infection and that is what is causing the skin to split. Raw and sensitive may be an indication of overgrowth with yeast and infection.

I would consider using a yeast treatment first such as over the counter clotrimazole cream. Apply 3 times a day for a week.

You can also use an emollient cream daily to keep the skin moist and not dry. Do not use vaseline ever. Use Aquaphor, it is ok for use in the genital area.

I do not think stretching will be helpful, itis more likely to be the above issues. I hope this information is helpful to you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am confident this is not an infection - it has happened before in intercourse and heals quickly. Aquaphor sounds the right answer. I am not clear what you mean by overgrowth with yeast and infection. It is just that the skin stretches too much when I am erect. I need something that will prevent the splitting.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
I would not discount yeast, because of the lack of circumcision. It may be very low grade and may be causing the fragility. Give it a shot. You will also get good results with the Aquaphor.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. Come back to this question any time if you need more help.