Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

I am a male 63 years old and have just been lucky enough to

Customer Question

I am a male 63 years old and have just been lucky enough to find an attractive lady who is a few years younger and my erection is very weak. I got some viagra from a friend and decided to try 25g tablet,I planned an evening out with wine and a nice meal and then took the tablet when i got home.. The pill seemed to have no effect and all i got was a lot of precum which was very frustrating as we were both hoping for a better result..
Maybe I should have have a stronger pill or did I do something wrong ????
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just answer !

Well most people benefit best with 50 mg dose of viagra taken approximately 1 hr prior to intercourse. However the dose may be reduced to 25 mg or 100 mg as per the response and one's need.

So i believe if you had tried taking viagra at 50 mg dose 1 hr prior to intercourse then it would have worked.

Now having said that i must inform you that if you have any heart ailment , diabetes , hypertension , seizure / fits disorder , increased lipid levels in your blood , then viagra shall not be taken as it may lead to worsening and serious life threatening complications.

If you have not been evaluated by any doctor for your physical fitness for a long time , i reckon you shall get yourself examined physcially by your family doctor / GP for any physical condition especially heart condition and also get necessary investigations done like ECG, lipid profile to rule , blood sugar levels both fasting and post meal, blood pressure.You may think that why such an effort prior to starting this medication , the reason is that this drug comes with some side effects and complications as listed above , so it is better to go ahead after ruling out any risk.

Also please avoid drinking too much of liquor in any form with this drug because it compromises the efficacy of this drug.

So if you have none of the above mentioned conditions and are physically fit then you shall try 50 mg dose without use of too much of alcohol approximately 1 hr prior to intercourse , this shall raise the chances of a successfull enjoyable intercourse.

Lastly i may also mention an alternative drug to vaigra for the same purpose of sustaining erection and that is called as Cialis ( Tadalafil) take at dose of 10 mg dose to be taken 1/2 to 1 hr prior to intercourse. The use of this drug also holds the same precautions as mentioned above.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.

If there is any further assistance needed please feel free to ask using the reply button.

Regards..