Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

i am from Nigeria. I have had a long history of malaria (with

Customer Question

i am from Nigeria. I have had a long history of malaria (with abuse of malaria drugs as well). I presently have a mild fever with a bitter test in my mouth, slight head ache, loss of appetite. What could be wrong with me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--how long have you had these symptoms? Are you saying that you've seen a doctor about this and that those tests were run?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This cycle started last year August. I have also had brief periods when i had some relief followig same malaria treatments. Yes, I have seen Doctor(s) here and my present Doc. Ran all these tests to be sure, even a VDRL

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Your white could and the rest of the CBC were normal? Did your doctor have any thoughts as to what was going on and do you have any other medical conditions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The CBC was normal except for the Haemoglobin leve which was about 3% off the mark. She (My doctor) said My "body" was fighting the malaria parasite (which read +1 at some point). So she said she'd not give me any more malaria drugs, that the fever cycle would expire. But then this has dragged for too long with occassional stomach discomfort.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Have you had an upper endoscopy and been screened for H pylori?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have you had an upper endoscopy ------ NO

screened for H pylori -----------------------YES (with trace last september)

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
If the H pylori was trace positive were you treated for it with antibiotics?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no antibiotic was used in treatment.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--I think what's going on is not from the malaria but you seem to have gastroesophageal reflux and you also need to be treated for the H pylori--you basically need two different antibiotics and a PPI like Nexium. You also need the upper endoscopy to look for a potential ulcer and for esophagitis