Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have two pollyps in my bowel. These were seen when I had

Customer Question

I have two pollyps in my bowel. These were seen when I had a colonoscopy done under local anaesthetic on Wednesday. Doctor was unable to remove them due to act that I am still on warfarin and he was worried about a bleed. Therefore he told me I need to be an in patient for approx 3 days so they can monitor my bloods a different way before doing the surgery. My question is this.....can I get this done under general anaesthetic as the local anaesthetic did not help at all with my pain and discomfort during the procedure?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welocme to Just Answer.

Yes you can certainly have this done with a general anesthetic. You can also have this procedure done with IV Sedation With proper anesthesia most patients do not remember the procedure at all. You will want adequate anesthesia especially if your Dr is removing polyps.

You can request an anesthesia consult ahead of time to speak to an anesthesiologist and plan for the type of anesthesia you will have.

Ask your GI Dr ahead of time to do this, as special plans may need to be made for certain types of anesthesia. Let me know if you have questions and good luck. :)
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hi Sheila Thank you. Please come back to this question any time if you need more help.