Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am 80 years old and have a moderate prolapse. No pain! Last

Customer Question

I am 80 years old and have a moderate prolapse. No pain! Last year I had a facial tumour removed and had an adverse reaction to the anaesthetic. My diabetes (type 2) spiralled out of control and it has tasken me 6 months to recover. I am terrified of the suggested op and feel there must be another way to deal with it. Tried a cap several times but each time it fell out. What do you think? I live alone so illness is always a problem...
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

What symptoms are you having from the prolapse? Unless you are having symptoms, you do not necessarily need treatment.

A vaginal hysterectomy is a very low risk procedure and can often be done under spinal anesthesia. Its much lower risk than a hysterectomy done through an abdominal incision.

A pessary (a cap) is a good option. You may have not had it correctly fitted and thats why it fell out. I would encourage you to consider talking to the surgeon in more depth regarding the surgery, you may feel much better.

Let me know what questions you have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yopu have already taken 2 lots of £26 out of my credit card account This is outrageous!!! My credit card company will be in touch with you unless one of these amounts is returned immediately.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry I cannot help you with payment issues. As experts, we do not have anything to do with the management of the site or with billing and payment. Please contact customer service for those issues. Good luck.