Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

hi my doctor has prescribed me prochlorperzine for inner ear

Customer Question

hi
my doctor has prescribed me prochlorperzine for inner ear dizziness..it says in leaflet that if you have had a mini stroke to be careful with this medicine..i havehad one 4 years ago ..is it safe to take this medicine
thanks
#gina
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

Prochloreperazine is not strictly prohibited for use in people with a history of mini stroke (TIA).

However it is advised to be used with caution in such a situation.

Which means that since people who have had a mini stroke are at risk for a stroke and if the risk factors have been well managed and the benefit of this medication under current circumstances out weighs the risk and there is no better option then it can be given.

So it would be best to discuss this with your treating doctor before starting it (although if your doctor has your history he/she would most probably have already this considered this and made a balanced decision)

Hope This Helped :)

Please let me know if you need further clarification. If satisfied please remember to click on Positive Rating (Preferably number 5 please)

Best Wishes :)
Dr MASK