Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

Thank you for the response. I do feel that, like many women,

Customer Question

Thank you for the response. I do feel that, like many women, I wasnt honest - I am bleeding heavy and clotting. My partner has threatend to take me to A and e on numerous occasions. I am a mum of three, and it was bad enough that I had to be in hospital and seperated from my children for 9 days, whilst hospital staff tried to make a baby come out, three weekss early, for no reason (in my mind). May I ask, how long can a person continue with heavy vaginal blood loss, before it is necessary to seek medical attention.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 4 years ago.
It depends so much on how heavy the bleeding is, which can be hard for either the patient or the doctor to be sure of. One way to know is by checking your hemoglobin. If it's very low, then you've waited too long. If it's normal, then you can continue with the bleeding for some time. Whatever you do, take an iron pill at least twice daily to rebuild your blood count.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for that advice. I have Crohns disease which makes iron a little difficult for me - as I can't digest it. Maybe I could ask the doctor for an injection? Is it possible that during the c section I got nicked and there could be an infection in thre somewhere?

An infection might be possible, but is pretty unlikely, and wouldn't come from a nick during the c section.
An injection of iron is a possibility.
Thank you for your payment.