Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

last friday i was at work and my vision went not black but

Customer Question

last friday i was at work and my vision went not black but couldnt make anything out in one eye i have suffered migraine in the past and this was nothing like the aura i normally have i also had pins and nedles and slight headache i went to sleep and two hours later woke up feeling fine we ang nhs direct they said go straight to an e so we did after negative blood test they told me to take 300mg asprin incase of t n a and to wait for two apoint ments the first to look for detached retiner was fine results were perfect the second they told me i would have a scan on my neck. when i got there the doctor didnt examine me he just said your 25 you probably havent had a mini stroke stop taking the asprin its probably migraine. well today a week after the first experience and two days after stopping the aspirn i now have really bad numbness in one side again arm and face and slight blury vision is this just migraine i just thought i was strange to happen again if it was as i normally have them extremely rarely 2 a year at most 6 months plus apart would really appreciate another opinion
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also.

DR HASAN :

I am so sorry to hear about your illness. I am going to address your primary concern but you can ask anything you want later.

DR HASAN :

Yes i agree with your doctor that you are too young to have this.

DR HASAN :

They were suspecting TIA or migraine.

DR HASAN :

One thing is for sure that numbness in arm is not a feature of migraine.

DR HASAN :

So possibility of TIA should have been ruled out by Brain CT scan or MRI at that time.

DR HASAN :

Your neck ultrasound for carotid vessels should have been done.

DR HASAN :

As your attack has recurred again.

DR HASAN :

I suggest that you should go to ER again and should ask them for Ct scan of brain with cervical spine.

DR HASAN :

This will rule out any brain problem and cervical spine disc problem. Both of them can cause symptoms like you had.

DR HASAN :

Later you should ask them for carotid doppler studies.

DR HASAN :

because without these investigations, you symptoms cannot just labeled to be migraine related.

DR HASAN :

I hope this helps you.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Kerry i am sorry, you were not able to stay in chat, so i have shifted it here. You can read my answer above and can ask anything you want. If you dont have any question, i request you for your excellent feedback, you can come back on this page any time and i will be here to assist you but if you have any question now please feel free. I wish that you get well soon. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you think this is tia then dont want to be fobbed off again but think its strange its happened again will this continue if its isnt treated????

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I am sorry again for the inconvenience you faced in getting the answer. I cannot confirm that this is TIA or not because brain CT scan is mandatory to rule this out. However the symptoms you are having right now can be due to cervical spine problem but as i said, cannot be sure without investigations. Yes if not treated this can continue and can cause further problem. So my suggestions is to get evaluation as early as possible. Its better if you take one aspirin now. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i also have a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck the same side as the numbness could this be to do with the same thing or is this something seperate

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Least likely but yes if this is not a lymph node and if this is some swelling related to carotid artery then it can cause black outs but this numbness cannot be related to any such swelling in the neck. Regards