Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

my partner cirrhosis liverhe hasnt been offered tranplant.

Customer Question

my partner cirrhosis liverhe hasnt been offered tranplant. iwant to a dr 4 private consultation.we live in ealing londoncan u send me phone number. i would also like to know if the dr can refer him to nhs hospital or be partly funded 4 full treatment. howlong on average is waiting list, or is it faster to go private and what would b cost
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA. If you live in England you are covered under the NHS system. The largest hospital that performs liver tranplanst would be Kings College Hospital. Patients must be referred there to be on the transplant list via Gastroenterology centers from other hospitals. There is of course a waiting list and criteria for a liver transplant.

Below is the link for the criteria.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Liver-transplant/Pages/Who-can-use-it.aspx

If the patient does not meet htis criteria, he or she will not be placed on the transplant list. The wait may be 2-5 years and not every patient eligible will ever receive a liver.

It is not faster to see a private Dr because the transplant waiting list is all the same criteria. You need a referral from your GP to a gastroenterologist who can get you on the list if you are eligible.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you have not told me the nearest doctor for private consultation

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry Near you is Dr Neil Ian McNeil, gastroenterology.

Heres the link for appointments. Take the earliest time available.

http://www.gastroenterologyconsultant.co.uk/Appointments.aspx
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello Mary, Do you have additional questions?