Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Ive had a sore spot on the right side of the base my throat,

Customer Question

Ive had a sore spot on the right side of the base my throat, for about a week and a half. The right side and back of my neck is stiff, around the same time I noticed the sore spot.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

sounds like you need to see an ENT doctor to look down your throat to see why this sore spot is not healing.

do yo have a history of alcohol and smoking use?

do you feel enlarged lymph nodes?

how long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't smoke or drink alcohol. Don't feel anything swollen. Ive had it maybe twelve to eighteen days. not sure. I exercise carto reg. Ive been taking creating for about six to eight months.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't smoke or drink. Don't feel anything swollen. Iv noticed the sore spot for about twelve to eighteen days. Iv been taking creatine for about six to eight months.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
the sore spot in the back of the throat could be a cold sore or an aphthous ulcer if you are not getting enough rest and your immune system is run down.

you can try gargling with salt water to help kill any bacteria or virus which could be in the back of the throat if it is not too painful.

if you don't have a fever or pus coming from your tonsils, it is less of a worry for strep throat or more serious throat infection.

if it doesn't get better in another 1-2 weeks, you definitely should see a doctor about it.

does this help?

do you have other questions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

still have the sore spot at the same place, and the stiff neck. thinking about going into a walk in clinic.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
yes, if it is not getting better, you should go to a walk in clinic and get your throat examined and your neck examined as well.

have your doctors check for enlarged lymph nodes in your neck

and ask if you need to see an ENT specialist.