DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

in the US "aortic root dilation" seems to be a matter of concern

Customer Question

in the US "aortic root dilation" seems to be a matter of concern whereas here in UK it does not seem to warrant so much attention as most papers appear to be US/Canadian on the subject.
My patient has some of the symptoms numbness in the left leg and tingling sensation, frequent abdominal pains, night sweats.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
hello from ja
How many centimeters is the dilation
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it is around 4 cms The patient also gets back pain in the lumber region on occassions.

In 2011 he had a series on severe UTI's which hospitalised him and was on high dosage IV antibiotics mainly Marupenum and then Cefalxin.

He had a TURP in March 2011 after which the infection came back which initially did not respond to conventional treatments. Was eventually discharged and then readmitted with 42 degree temperature and further UTI in June 2011 treatment was again with IV and oral. and then a second TURP in December 2011.

Since then he has experienced bouts of severe Hypo-tension and dizziness which was initially put down to medication.

for several years their has been evidence of splinter haemorrhages, under his finger nails but tests on heart have not shown any signs of problems and has had series of CT/MRI and echo-cardiograms

regards

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
OK
We don't start worrying until 4cm
Beyond 4 cm with any symptoms we would fix it.

His symptoms in terms of night sweats, leg tingling and abdominal pain would not seem to be related to his aortic root..I would look for other causes, assuming his echo cardiogram is otherwise clear.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a 3, 4 or 5 rating [smiley face or accept]. But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated. Your satisfaction is my goal, along with the best information. Remember, answers do not substitute for a doctor’s visit.
For future questions ask for me I the title or request me at this link
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/