DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

i have been toldi have phlebitus. Iwas laid in bed for 2 weeks

i have been toldi have phlebitus. Iwas laid in bed for 2 weeks through vertigo. I think this has caused this.

I have just been looked at by my doctor then given Erythromycin and Hirundoid cream.and sent away. Not told to rest it. I seen a red mark on my leg Tuesday so this was probably happening before then I was not sent for ultrasound or any thing. No blood tes no listening to the heart or blood pressure. I am afraid it is worrying me in case it is Deep Vein Thrombosis or will turn into this. I am from the uk. The doctors here dont seem to do tests like in America. I wish i lived there I cannot go to AandE as we call it as when you have seen your own doctor the hospital will just send you away.
Is there any swelling in either leg?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what more info do u need

Do you have swelling in either leg or both?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no just hot and achy and hurts to touch

OK
This sounds like an antibiotic situation.
And hot applications and anti-inflammtory medication.

If you press a finger into the lower leg, say for a minute, does it leave a dent?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

only for a few seconds the only thing is the cream i was given is a anto coagulant and have been given erythromycin anti biotics. Mayby u dont have this cream in America.

that is find but it would not be adequate for a DVT.

If you have any denting, is it more on one side or the other?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what was your verdict

You are not answering my questions

Is the denting on one side more than another?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no. Do you think it is DVT

No I do not
You are not giving any of the signs or symptoms of DVT
IT sounds more like phelbitis or cellulitis.

If swelling were to increase, then I would say get an ultrasound.
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a 3, 4 or 5 rating [smiley face or accept]. But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated. Your satisfaction is my goal, along with the best information. Remember, answers do not substitute for a doctor’s visit.
For future questions ask for me I the title or request me at this link
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi was on before if i have phleebitus without ultrasound just doctors verdict should i not be put on warfrin or anticoagulant

No
You should only be put on that if a clot were confirmed with ultrasound.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was not offered ultrasound. I did not tell doctor i was in bed for 2 weeks. I am afraid it could travel to heart causing heart attack or stroke. As i have sleep apnoea this is worrying. I would probably only get ultrasound if it got worse. If u go to hospital here after going to doctors they will turn u away.
Tell u to go and c ur gp which is not easy here u wait ages.

Clot from the leg goes to the lung, not the heart.

An ultrasound does not seem to be needed, but I guess you could insist...it would help rule out DVT more oompletely.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I feel he should have looked more closely rather than just looked for a few seconds. looked at leg gave prescription. Does this mean i am prone to clots. Or will it go to deep vein

It can mean you are more likely to have a clot. If it is phlebitis.
If it is infection, maybe.
please choose a 3, 4 or 5 rating [smiley face or accept]. But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated. Your satisfaction is my goal, along with the best information. Remember, answers do not substitute for a doctor’s visit.