DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have been on the depo jab for over 2 years i came off it

Customer Question

hello, my names XXXXX XXXXXXXX. i have been on the depo jab for over 2 years i came off it in December, i have not had a period at all but recently (in the last 3 weeks) i have been having pregnancy signs feeling sick in the mornings getting worse every day, carvings, sore nipples, lower stomach cramps, tiredness and I'm finding that things i loved to eat and drink a few weeks ago make me feel sick just smelling it now. i took a home pregnancy test it said negative waited a week and took another one said the same, i don't understand why i feel like this i have seen that some people don't get positive results for a while. What do you think this could be? thank you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Great question.
IT can take 3 to 6 months to stabilize after coming off of depo.
I have had some patients take up to a year.
You can get a blood test to make sure you are not pregnant..this is the most accurate test called beta hcg.
Otherwise it is probably irregularities due to being on the deop
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a 3, 4 or 5 rating [smiley face or accept]. But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated. Your satisfaction is my goal, along with the best information. Remember, answers do not substitute for a doctor’s visit.
For future questions ask for me I the title or request me at this link
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/