Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

hya i am suffering from a chest infection or so i think as

Customer Question

hya i am suffering from a chest infection or so i think as somebody was telling me it could be acid reflux. it started with a tickly cough turning to a chesty cough then i would be coughing mucus and geting astma with it now and again plus i feel like being sick when i am not sick when i cough. i cant lay down as its far worse have to try and sleep sat up in bed on my second lot of antibiotics as i have had this 3 weeks now and its geting me down and not sleeping very well takeing honey and lemon echinacea sore throat sweets vicks vaper rub rubed on my chest and throat but its not cureing the problem please help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

did you submit a sputum sample? you could have an infection resistant to the antibiotics given

did you have a chest xray? you should. you could have a pneumonia going on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No had none of them is it best to go straight to hospital or do have to wait for his permision

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
no, you should go to the hospital or an A&E center if you are not feeling well to be evaluated again.