Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I,m getting sharp pains inside my head on the right hand side

Customer Question

I,m getting sharp pains inside my head on the right hand side last a few seconds more so if I bend my head down.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 years ago.
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Thanks for your question.
Most commonly this can be tension headache due to the muscle spasms in the scalp.
If this is tension headache then you will not experience any other symptoms and should respond well to ibuprofen.
However, if you feel the headache is worsening in spite of taking an analgesic, then this can be either a 'bad' headache or can be due to the intra cranial bleeding.
If you also have vision problem with headaches, then this can be due to the temporal arteritis.
This is a condition due to the inflammation of the temporal artery --a blood vessel supplying the affected area.
THis can cause blindness and hence a serious condition requiring urgent treatment.
Without these warning signs, this does not sound concerning.

Best wishes