jbmd
jbmd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified physician in Internal Medicine - 30+ years experience
69164063

hi, have neglected my teeth for a while and am embarrased

Customer Question

hi,
have neglected my teeth for a while and am embarrased about it that why i wont go to the dentist, my gums are receeding have fillings in my back teeth and 3 of my teeth have broke away from fillings i am only 33! have been putting off going to dentist but its just getting worse , is getting all my teeth taken out and implants put in an option,
Expert:  jbmd replied 4 years ago.

jbmd :

Dear customer. No one can tell you online that you should have all your teeth pulled rather than gum treatments (including possible gum transplants) and repairs of problem teeth. Yes, getting them all pulled and implants is an option but a wise dentist might save some of the natural teeth. You need to go to the dentist and see.

jbmd :

I think your problem is more phobia about seeing the dentist or fear of bad news, dentally speaking. What you need to do is just go and see and take one step at a time and things might be a lot better than you fear. Don't put it off as gum disease also increases the risk of heart disease and other problems and dentists can work wonders these days and make you smile absolutely beautiful.

jbmd :

This is advice to you and doesn't replace local medical care.

jbmd :

I am in the US so if I don't answer right away, please be patient because of the time difference. Have a good day, put your fears aside and get going. They really can make things great.