DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

i suffer from a heavy cold and i use sudafed decongestant tables

Customer Question

i suffer from a heavy cold and i use sudafed decongestant tables i am also useing olbas nasil stick and also using vicks vaporub witch i use for my neck and chest and i also use it in a bowl of warm water can i use all three and can i put tissiues in my nose so i dont stiff a lot so so i would put tissuse damp so it wont dry up
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, MD, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine, so I cover a lot of ground and will be happy to help you with your question. We can correspond back and forth as needed.

I will either give you an answer right away or have questions for you. Either way, use reply to expert until you are ready to rate the answer:

Yes you can use all three.

It would not be a good idea to keep tissues up your nose, as the nose needs to drain properly and this can be a source of infection.

It is better to rinse the nose several times a day with saline solution.

Also if this is going on more than a week you need to see a doctor to make sure you don't have a problem inside the nose like polyps, or allergies, or infection.
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating [smiley face or accept]. But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello David.
Sorry I can not edit the above.

I notice you have asked other experts about this upon reviewing your previous questions.

Please remember we are only paid by ja if we receive a positive rating.

Let me know if you have further questions.