Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

69 YEAR OLD WOMAN GOES TO HER GP FOR INR TEST.READING IS 7.6.

Customer Question

69 YEAR OLD WOMAN GOES TO HER GP FOR INR TEST.READING IS 7.6. MWHAT SHOULD DOC DO FOR PATIENT?ONLY 2 MONTH OF TEST AND DOSAGE HAS BEEN CHANGED.
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What medical conditions are diagnosed for her and what medications does she take for them?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LET ME GET THTA INFORMATION AND I WILL SEND ASAP

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.
Ok no problem :)

I will wait

Dr MASK
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

need GP who has experence managing coumadin will get back wityh more documentation for GP later

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information regarding her being on Coumadin.

An INR of greater than 5 is a dangerous situation. A situation where immediate stopping of the drug is recommended and Vitmin K needs to be administered for bringing down the INR.

Target INR is recommended up to 3.5 in most of the conditions however 7.6 is too high for a simple change in dose.

It is an emergency and requires immediate treatment for bringing it down.

So if your usual doctor has missed this important fact then it would be best to get her medical attention immediately.

Hope This Helped

Please let me know if you need further clarification. If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive rating (preferably number 5 please)

Warm Regards :)
Dr MASK