Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Have had syptoms for a long time -Severe pruitis ani,abdo pain.Do

Have had syptoms for a long time -Severe pruitis ani,abdo pain.Do not have normal motions, go only by scratching the itch. Have had colonoscopy 2 yrs back. NAD but diverticulosis. Am on Perindopril 8mgs,avorstatin 10mgs,Lansoprazole 30mgs,Aspirin 75mgs Adizem 120mgs.my doctors not interested but I am getting to the end of my tether. Any suggestions
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello

Dr. P Jyoti :

have you seen a proctologist?

Customer:

What treatment can you suggest ?

Dr. P Jyoti :

have you seen a proctologist?

Dr. P Jyoti :

are you seeing my messages on chat?

Customer:

no

Dr. P Jyoti :

but you have responded to this message

Customer:

But am not getting any answers to my original question

Dr. P Jyoti :

ok, I am shifting to question and answer mode. Please hold on, I want to ask some questions so that I have more info to answer your question. Please hold on.

I would like to know,

How long have you had the puritus?

Have you seen a gastro?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2years or may be three even Have tried worming tabs also not seen a gastro

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This seems like a scam. better contact someone

I can understand your concern.

First I would advise you to see a gastroenterologist. They are the specialists for this and can give you proper advise.

For the pruritus, there are two points I would like to stress:

This often becomes a vicious cycle. Most commonly it is due to irritant dermatitis due to vigorous use of toilet paper, scratching, etc. This leads to a vicious cycle in which the more the person scratches, the more it itches and so on. Such vigorous itching can lead to bleeding sometimes.

You have to try to break this cycle. Try the following OTC medicines:
Tab. Claritin (OTC) 1 tab. once daily.
Continue Anusol suppositories with HC
Avoid scratching - this is most important. You have to force yourself to stop scratching.
Use soft toilet paper.
Do not use soap, etc. in the area.

Once the cycle is broken, you will usually get relief from this.

The other point is, there is often some mucous leak through the anus which adds to this. The best thing for this is Kegel exercises. Do them regularly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegel_exercise

These two steps will help you come out of this. At the same time do try to see a gastro for this.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Dr. P. Jyoti