DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

i had to take a manfitory drug scren at work, th results came

Customer Question

i had to take a manfitory drug scren at work, th results came back with Butalbital in my system. i am not sure what that is however i to take alot of ditary supliments ranging from P6 a preformane inhancer that assis with my work ous to Stacke 3. i have aken over the counter medication such as anticometifen ans i still have excriden migrain. is there something in my diet or supliments that would result in my unarie drug screen results
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
It is a barbituate type drug found in fioricette.

You might have a false positive but none of your medications or supplements should cause a specific finding of butalbital.

But here is the issue.

Positive findings have to be confirmed with GC/MS confirmatory testing.

If this was not done...they can not call this a positive finding, but it can be assumed to be false positive.

So check to make sure they did this...if they did a GC/MS, then this is not a false result.

The only explanation then would be mixed up samples, which is unlikely.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating [smiley face or accept]. But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.