Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had a bladder and kidney scan 2 years ago because I was always

Customer Question

I had a bladder and kidney scan 2 years ago because I was always getting urine infections, I wud put samples in the doctors and 9out of 10they came bac clear but I wud go the walk in centre and they always said on the dipstick I had an infection and blood in my water, the scans came bac clear and I no it's probably coincidence but I had a stomach camera and I had multiple stomach ulcers and heligobactor, had the treatment and was fine , then in January this year I found out I was pregnant and felt like I had a water infection, doctors done a test and came bac clear, I had a fair bit of stress while pregnant, 1 being I had to come off an antidepressant called veneflxatine 37mg which was very hard, anyway ended up miscarry in at 9 weeks, the night before I actually miscarried I was up and down every 5 minutes weeping I thought I was being tortured, the next day I felt a lot better, still stayed off the antidepressants even though it killed me, anyway 2 and a half weeks ago I got a water infection bac, put a sample in the doctors was asked to retest and again came bac clear, I can go to the toilet every 5 to 10 minutes, and it's driving me crazy I counted in one whole day I went to the toilet 34 times, not only is it stressing me out that I am to scared to drink, I have gone really depressed worrying myself into a nervous wreck, oh by the way my gp put me on solifenacin 5 mg and they haven't done a thing, please help me I am 40 years old and feel like I am having a nervous breakdown worrying myself sick to the point of not being able to eat , because sometimes I feel like bait sore underneath, oh by the way I had an internal scan when I was pregnant and they never noticed nothin untoward but my mind still goin crazy with worry , I have had blood tears for renal thyroid diabetes and they all come bac clear, my bladder also feels tender but not all the time and my pelvis feels uncomfortable and I have convinced myself its something sinister
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 years ago.

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

Mysticdoc :

I am sorry to hear about your distress.

Mysticdoc :

Did you have any cystoscopy or bladder scan?

Mysticdoc :

Have you seen any urologist yet?

JACUSTOMER-plc82ebz- : I had a bladder scan and they also checked my womb and ovaries and I also had a kidney scan
Mysticdoc :

was it a CT scan?

Mysticdoc :

did they put any camera inside the bladder?

JACUSTOMER-plc82ebz- : Yes that was 2 years ago, when I was pregnant in January this year they also put a camera in my bladder
Mysticdoc :

Ok.

Mysticdoc :

currently what symptoms do you have exactly?

Mysticdoc :

and what medications you are taking currently?

JACUSTOMER-plc82ebz- : Very frequent urineation sometimes feels like my bladder is tender and uncomfortable feeling underneath, could we speak on the phone please feeling really distressed
Mysticdoc :

Unfortunately we do not have phone service.

Mysticdoc :

We can continue on the chat if you wish.

Mysticdoc :

Your symptoms can be due to the very sensitive nerves in the bladder

Mysticdoc :

This is also known as painful bladder syndrone or interstitial cystitis.

Mysticdoc :

syndrome--correction.

JACUSTOMER-plc82ebz- : Solifenacin 5 mg and propranolol
Mysticdoc :

ok these medications help with the frequency but not with the pain or discomfort.

Mysticdoc :

We recommend using Pentosan sulfate.

Mysticdoc :

The brand name is Elmiron.

Mysticdoc :

This helps to clam down the inflammation inside the bladder ad the nerves.

Mysticdoc :

Normal bladder scan rule out any possibility of cancer.

Mysticdoc :

However, bacterial presence can trigger these symptoms.

Mysticdoc :

Besides Elmiron, amitriptylline is another medication that is commonly used successfully to manage painful bladder syndrome.

Mysticdoc :

This a complex condition to treat but successful treatment is possible with an experienced urologist.

Mysticdoc :

However, I will suggest you to discuss these two medications with your doctor and you will definitely see improve in your symptoms within 2 weeks.

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate Good or Excellent Service, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/