Dr. Wajid
Dr. Wajid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (Internal Medicine)
20564665

I have inflammation and swelling on my nose and either side

Customer Question

I have inflammation and swelling on my nose and either side of my nose. It itches intensely. I have tried ointments and anti-bacterial drugs but to no affect. The area is very red.
Expert:  Dr. Wajid replied 4 years ago.

Dr Wajid :

Dr Wajid :

Welcome to our site

Dr Wajid :

I would like to help you with your problem

Dr Wajid :

Can you please tell me what your doctor has to say about this inflammation?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have seen my GP twice, and received ointment and antibiotics. I have been told I have rosacea. The medication had no effect.

Expert:  Dr. Wajid replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply...

First of all treatment of rosacea is not curative...

Medications produce a temporary remission of symptoms but the redness typically returns shortly after treatment is suspended...

The two best treatments recommended for Roscea include the use of antibiotics and topical creams... You mentioned already using both antibiotics and topical creams but to no effect... Therefore I would like to suggest other options which include the following:

1. Dermatological vascular laser
2. Intensed pulsed light

Also since the itching disturbs you a lot I would recommend you use Tab Benadryl and Cortaid cream... It should help you with these symptoms...

I hope this information helps you...

Let me know if you need any further information...

Also do leave a positive feedback if you feel satisfied with my response, it will be highly appreciated...

Regards Dr Wajid