Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Just found small lump on back passage, and internal bleeding

Customer Question

Just found small lump on back passage, and internal bleeding on left side , what can this be. all motions normal and I have regula stool checks which are sent through the post.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.

Is there any pain in the lump?

What do you mean by 'internal bleeding', is the bleeding coming out of the anus? Does it come with stool?

You are likely to be having external hemorrhoids. These are dilated blood vessels on the outside of your anus containing blood. There are also several other causes of rectal bleeding, but from your description hemorrhoids seems to be the most likely.

You need to see your doctor to confirm that it is hemorrhoids. A simple clinical examination will be sufficient to confirm this. If it is not hemorrhoids, it could be some other condition for which yo will need more investigations.

External hemorrhoids or piles are usually associated with internal piles also.

Haemorrhoids is a common problem and there are any number of remedies, including quack ones, for this. But there are several tried and tested methods that you can use at home and drugs which are available over the counter which will give you relief. But you should consult a doctor first before trying anything out to confirm that it is a hemorhoid. All cases of blood in stools needs to be examined by a doctor immediately.

You can read up about piles or hemorrhoids here:

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00096.html

Causes of rectal bleeding here.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.