Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hi im 18 years old and I am worried about my penis, I old my

Customer Question

Hi im 18 years old and I am worried about my penis, I old my mother and she says its a blood blister, when you pull your foreskin back and the penis head is shown the frenulum I have damaged it right next to the hole where I wee where the frenulum ends I was in the shower and cleaned it a bit to hard and immediately it changed colour turning from normal skin colour to a dark blue/purple colour this was about a month ago now ive kept fiddling with it looking at it squezzing it a little and today its become slightly raised and a bit of pain if I tap it my mum said we will go to the doctors tomorrow but she thinks its a blood blister and I have irritated it by not leaving it alone that why it become raised a bit because that only happened today how can I get rid of it
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

this sounds like a blood blister which is a small bruise under the skin.

don't keep squeezing it. this will worsen the bleeding and keep it from healing.

you should definitely show it to a doctor.

keep a cold or cool compresses on the area like a cold towel or a small bit of crushed ice in a small plastic bag under a towel and keep it on the area 4-6 times a day to help decrease the swelling.

it will slowly resolve with time as your body absorbs the blood which is under the skin

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is actually on my penis head though under the foreskin and it still is a blood blister even though it is raised slightly is this just the blood under neath the skin pushing up a bit from where I squeezed it

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
yes, I understand where it is.

this is the glands penis or the head of the penis which is under the foreskin.

on the underside, the frenulum side.

trauma to the area if you are trying to clean the area or being too rough on the area can cause a bruise under the skin of the head of the penis and cause a bit of bleeding which can get trapped under the skin.

this is a blood blister.

your body will reabsorb the blood with time

don't continue to squeeze it. this just causes more bleeding.

use cold or cool compresses on the area and it will slowly go away on its own.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
do you have other questions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What does the pain mean on it today then is it tender form where ive been annoying it and why is it raised slightly and I have had it for about a month my mother told me I have had it for a month because I don't leave it alone due to being paranoid about it and keep touching it and annoying it

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
the pain is from when you have been pinching it and annoying it and from the pressure of the blood just under the skin.

it is raised from the blood being under the skin.

it will take time for your body to reabsorb the blood

you need to stop annoying it since that is just increasing the swelling and inflammation and increasing the pain there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK as ive had it for a month and its bothering me now due to my own causes how long roughly without touching it and just leaving it will it take to go

and is it ok to put cold ice onto the penis head itself as it is on my helmet the problem

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
do NOT use ice directly on the penis head.

put the ice in a bag and put a soft towel over the area and use the ice in a bag over the towel for 5 -8 minutes 4-6 times a day

if you leave it alone, it can take 2-4 weeks for it to slowly go away.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok and see there is no discharge or bleeding form it its just all under the skin and there is a bit of a whiteish colour to it where the frenulum is but obviously the blood is over it

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
I see.

don't stress about this.

don't keep squeezing it.

allow your body to heal the area.

use some cold or cool compresses on teh area to decrease the swelling.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would you think its penile cancer

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
no, this is not penile cancer.

penile cancer doesn't look like this.

you are also too young for penile cancer.

have you stopped irritating and pinching the area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I showed my doctor yesterday and she didn't seem to think it was anything bad and said it would go, today a bit of blood come out from it is this normal

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
yes, that is normal.

if the skin starts to thin there, some of the old blood can come out of the skin. that is a good thing for the old blood to come out. new skin will grow in under it and it will resolve in a few weeks.

remember to not irritate it or squeeze it.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com