Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Good morning dear doctors . I suffer for ...a whole life of

Customer Question

Good morning dear doctors . I suffer for ...a whole life of arthitism ...I take non steroidedal medicaments to relief . Is there any way to stop the production of prostaglandins wich provoque the problem wiht some herbal med. may be ? Thank you...
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

I can appreciate your concern.

There are a number of herbs and supplements which can help you on this:

Turmeric: turmeric is one of the best herbs for arthritis. It has antioxidant properties and pain fighting properties and will help you.

Flax seed and oil: flax seed and oil contains a lot of antioxidants and are very helpful in this condition.

Licorice: licorice acts like a natural steroid and will help the joint pain greatly. Not recommended if you have hypertension.

CoxQ 10: this is a supplement which is specially useful for joint pain.

Take these supplements along with your arthritis medicines. Of course, it is best to first discuss with your doctor as even supplements and natural herbs should be taken only after informing your doctor. These herbal medicines will help you get relief from your pain.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will follow your advices dear doctor and I will answer you in the future having then in mind any result .

Many thanks for the informations , respectfully yours Apollon.

Take care - wish you good health and an early recovery.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Dr. P. Jyoti
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear doctor thank you very much for your kindness and help of caurse ! I will keep in touch.

Many thanks .

Yours Apollon

I am glad my advise on herbal medicines was helpful.

I would like to add to my earlier answer - besides the herbal medicines, another very important form of treatment which you can do yourself is physiotherapy.

Exercise is very important for joint pain. Regular exercise will help to keep the pain and inflammation down. It will allow for greater joint mobility. It has also been shown that regular physical exercise decreases the autoimmune changes of arthritis.

You should consult a good physiotherapist/ physical medicine specialist and discuss about the exercises you need to do for this. This will help further in decreasing the pain of arthritis.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome. Without a rating I am not credited for the help I have been able to give you.

We can always continue the conversation even after you have given a positive rating, and you can ask again on this thread later also.
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.