Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have just started taking the pill again, but was only on

Customer Question

I have just started taking the pill again, but was only on tuesday (3rd), and last night my partner and I had a an accident (were being careful as leaflet said give it a week, despite my doctor saying 3 days). Even if 3 days were long enough to get pill in my system, it wasn't quite that long, had literally only just taken the 3rd pill of the packet. Do you recommend I take the morning after pill??
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

Yes, it would be appropriate to take the morning after pill in this situation.

There would be some level of protection from the new pack of pills after just 2 pills, but it would not be at the level of protection that most would prefer. Therefore, it would be appropriate to augment with the morning after pill.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.