Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am a 55 year old nurse and work for a health service in a

Customer Question

I am a 55 year old nurse and work for a health service in a small country town. I am the health promotion program coordinator and also teach excersise classes. In the last 3 years I have gone through menopause and have gained 25 kilos. I dont eat junk ever and exercise regularly but just cant shift this weight. I dont smoke or drink, have lowish blood pressure and am not on any medication. My mother, grandmother, sisters, nieces etc are all very obese.I would like to ask the doctor that I work with for a prescription for duromine but 1/ I feel embaressed as I am the "health person, counsellor " in our town and assist others in managing their conditions 2/ I know our doctor wont prescribe it for anyone anyway. I have some friends who say that this has helped them immensley. I live 2 hours from other doctors. Can I have an appt on line and get a prescription on line. I am 5'7" and 85 kg. I did try duromine about 20 years ago after having 3 children. I lost the wieght and have kept it off until 3 years ago. This is really getting me down. Some of my friends have bought stuff from websites but I dont want to do that, who knows what you could be taking.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

duromine is phenterimine.

in 1997, after 24 cases of heart valve disease in phentermine were voluntarily taken off the market in the USA. studies later showed that nearly 30% of people taking phentermine had abnormal valve findings.

it is illegal for online doctors to give you prescriptions without evaluation face to face

you can try this website

http://www.edrugstore.md/xenical/

you should also have your thyroid levels checked and androgen levels checked.

it sounds like you have these obesity running in your family.

you should also talk to your doctors about hormone replacement therapy if the lack of estrogen has been causing you weight gain.

let me know if you have questions.